• Wie letztes Jahr von einigen gewünscht, hier eine Erinnerung zur Unterstützung.
  • Hallo zusammen, bitte prüft mal die im Forum hinterlegte Mail Adresse auf Aktualität. Es ist jetzt schon mehrfach passiert, dass Mails (z.B. für Benachrichtigung neuer PNs) nicht zugestellt werden konnten, weil die Konten nicht mehr existieren oder voll gelaufen sind. Danke!
  • Hallo Gast, falls du dich wunderst, wieso Bilder und Videos nicht mehr sofort angezeigt werden, schau mal hier.

Spieleindustrie

So läuft die Industrie aber nun mal, es geht in der Regel wohl nicht anders. Wer damit nicht klarkommt, soll woanders arbeiten. Es wird ja niemand gezwungen.

Es gänge sicherlich anders, aber dann gehört deutlich höherer Planungsaufwand dazu.

Nur weil etwas immer so ist, heißt das ja nicht, dass das "normal" oder gut ist ;)

Grundsätzlich hast du aber natürlich Recht. Die Entwickler und Co haben die Wahl. Sich damit brüsten ist dennoch unter aller Sau imho.

Der Kerl ist so unglaublich erfrischend. Wie er mit der ganzen Kohle umgeht, die er verdient - super. Irgendwann hat er per Twitter verkündet: Ich unterschreibe ab sofort keine NDAs mehr. Das würde ich mir zu gern erlauben können. :D

Er spricht vom "competetive gaming", und das ist bei Mario Kart wegen des Gummibandeffekts nicht möglich.

What happens when free-to-play games aren't free?

Sehr interessanter Artikel von eurogamer.net

Microsoft's misappropriation of free-to-play mechanics is at the head of a broader problem this generation.
Rewind some eight years and you'll remember a time when DLC was a dirty word - when it symbolised a certain arrogance and greed typified in the shining armour that could sit on The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion's horses, for a price. It took the best part of a generation for the concept of DLC to settle in, and for it to become a respected, at times respectable way to extend the lifespan of a game.

More recently there's been another dirty phrase often recounted with curled lips: free-to-play. For a long while it's been a byword for fleecing players and questionable business ethics masquerading as game design - but as the success of the likes of League of Legends, Planetside 2, World of Tanks and the retooling of Team Fortress 2 suggest, it's a system that can work for player and developer alike.

So you can excuse Microsoft for wanting to get in on the action, even if it was a little late to the party. The Xbox 360 historically shut out free-to-play games, only for an about turn at E3 earlier this year when it was announced that World of Tanks would be coming to the console, and with the announcement of a new free-to-play Killer Instinct, it was a model that the Xbox One would embrace with open arms.
In Forza Motorsport 5, the problem runs deeper - the economy that's the backbone of the series has been altered, and it's too easy to come to the conclusion the changes have been made to make way for microtransactions. Unlike in older Forza games, cars aren't offered as rewards for success: instead, the only option is to buy them in a grind that can be augmented by pumping in real-world money.

It's a problem exacerbated by Forza Motorsport 5's drip-feed of cars as part of a $50 season pass, a number of which are being reintroduced from earlier games. And even when you've bought them as DLC, in order to own them fully in the game they have to be purchased using in-game currency - or, of course, by pumping in a little extra money of your own. The game's creative director, Dan Greenawalt - a smart and passionate man who I suspect isn't behind these decisions - admitted the season pass hasn't been wholly popular, but that people are enjoying it and redeeming it, and that it's keeping them playing the game for another 6 months. He compared it in some small way to a gym membership - but the problem with Forza 5's membership is that having already bought the gym and paid a subscription, you're then asked to pay individually for each piece of equipment within.

In this grim vision, everything's for sale. It's blandly reminiscent of the excessively commodified dystopia of Philip K. Dick's Ubik, where everyday actions become a monetary transaction: where you rent your apartment but have to pay a little more to access your fridge, or find yourself scraping pennies together just to open your front door.
Hier geht es zum kompletten Artikel:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-23-whens-a-free-to-play-game-not-free-to-play

Nette Fußnote dazu:

[IMG]

Wäre mir trotzdem lieber wenn Naughty Dog als nächstes mal was anderes als Uncharted aus dem Hut zaubert, Next Gen Regenrinnen klettern brauch ich so schnell nicht...

Darüber war ich damals nicht im Bilde und ich kann mich auch nicht daran erinnern, dass es hier thematisiert wurde.

Sie gehört wohl zweifelsohne zu den Besten und hat sich jetzt mit dem imo fähigstem Studio zusammengetan. Sie ist ein großer "Gewinn" für Naughty Dog.

Auf mehr wollte ich gar nicht hinaus.

Habt ihr das auch hervorgehoben, als 343 Studios seinerzeit sie (und andere "Stars") verpflichtet haben?

Als sie 2008 von Gearbox zu MS wechselte, habe ich...

a) das nicht mitbekommen.
b) gar nicht gewußt, wer das ist.

:verl:

Aber so eine Nachricht ist schon erwähnenswert. Daher habe ich es gepostet. Die Twitter-Nachricht hat sie übrigens längst gelöscht. Hat sie wohl zuerst nicht bedacht, dass das etwas trollig rüberkommt.

ND haben sicherlich einen guten Deal damit gemacht, aber 343 werden jetzt dadurch nicht zusammenbrechen. Das Patent der von ihr für Halo 4 entworfenen Lighting Technik bleibt eh bei MS. ;)

Habt ihr das auch hervorgehoben, als 343 Studios seinerzeit sie (und andere "Stars") verpflichtet haben?
Nein. Weil das damals schlicht keine Meldung war. Das ist überhaupt nicht vergleichbar und das weißt du auch. Was genau soll das also mit deinem Kommentar?

Aber gut zu wissen, dass du einen Wechsel von einem unabhängigen Entwickler mit einem Wechsel zwischen hauseigenen Studios gleich setzt. Man Frog...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ich poste es mal hier weil es die Spielindustrie generell betrifft:

Phil Spencer responds to ‘Forza 5’ and ‘Ryse’ microtransaction DLC controversy

And if fans don't like a micropayment? Don't buy it. Spencer said that he's making sure that all of the Xbox One game include feedback mechanisms that allow Microsoft to closely track what gamers buy. "I want to be able to learn from what we put in," he said. "So let's make sure we are crafting the game and the analytics so we can see what the consumers—the gamers—like and don't—if you assume buying habits are a reflection of what people like. So that we can craft the experience better for the gamer."

Spencer is aware of a need to have some limits, but doesn't yet draw many lines. "It's easy to say something like, 'I'll never allow somebody to buy the win of the game, I won't let them buy victory,' but that's kind of a trite answer. I'd say, 'Yeah, I guess I have that line, that [we wouldn't have] "Pay five bucks and get 1000 achievements" or something stupid like that.' I'm always pushing against that. But, in reality, that's not what the gamers are looking for. They're usually looking for customization and their gameplay style opening up."
[/indent]
http://kotaku.com/whats-next-for-th...m_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

"And if fans don't like a micropayment? Don't buy it. "

Da geht mir doch der Hut hoch! :shake: Wenn das Spieldesign nicht auf den Microtranshit ausgelegt wäre, hätte ich nichts gegen aber....

No car trading i can't send cars to friends
i cant sell cars back to the garage only remove them
No reward cars
For "just play the game" people, if you add up the total CR cost of all the cars in the game (from here), it comes to 104,501,000CR.

Both Grassy and transformer on this page give a rate of 230k CR/hour. That works out at 454 hours.
..und in GT6 soll es ähnliche Formen annehmen. Bye DLC, Hello micropayment :dead:

Zurück
Oben