• Wie letztes Jahr von einigen gewünscht, hier eine Erinnerung zur Unterstützung.
  • Hallo zusammen, bitte prüft mal die im Forum hinterlegte Mail Adresse auf Aktualität. Es ist jetzt schon mehrfach passiert, dass Mails (z.B. für Benachrichtigung neuer PNs) nicht zugestellt werden konnten, weil die Konten nicht mehr existieren oder voll gelaufen sind. Danke!
  • Hallo Gast, falls du dich wunderst, wieso Bilder und Videos nicht mehr sofort angezeigt werden, schau mal hier.

Switch The World Ends With You - Final Remix

On Nintendo DS, The World Ends with You presents players with an intricate control scheme that takes time to learn and master. You control Neku on the bottom screen with the stylus, unleashing his pin attacks with various gestures. On the top screen, the partner character attacks at the same time using specific inputs on the directional pad. It’s complicated -- I make no bones about that -- but also so damn rewarding.

When the game was ported to iOS in 2012, the set-up changed. That version is entirely touch controlled, which makes sense for a tablet or phone with just one screen. Neku moves and attacks in basically the same way as before, but partners now act as pins and only activate when you perform their specified action. While Square Enix could have given us a third control set-up -- one that takes advantage of everything the Switch has to offer in the same way the original did on the DS -- Final Remix rests on the laurels of the mobile port, creating a situation where there is really only one good way to play the game.

Well, “good” is a strong word. Let’s go with adequate instead. Playing in handheld mode, which uses the mobile version’s touch controls whole hog, is a perfectly adequate way to experience the game. It’s not without flaws -- a finger doesn’t have the same pinpoint accuracy as a stylus -- and it’s not exactly what I’d call engaging, but it’s serviceable. Some pins are less reliable, like those requiring me to draw a circle in an open space or hold my finger to the screen when I’m bombarded with Noise, but I didn’t have any issues defeating enemies and bosses alike on any of the available difficulty levels.

The touchscreen interface carries over in tabletop mode or on a television screen with the pointer controls of a single Joy-Con taking the place of my index finger. This is the first Switch game I’ve experienced using this control method and I’m impressed with how well it can recreate the feeling of playing with the Wii remote. In several ways, this is a far more accurate way to play. Outside of battle, Neku can be controlled with the analog stick. When I am engaging Noise, his movement is still pointer controlled, but the buttons I use to control him and his attacks are separate. The Joy-Con also makes some of those less dependable pins more feasible to use in action with the precision of the reticule.

For as precise as the pointer controls are, they don’t make the game any more gratifying. I played the entirety of Shiki’s storyline with my Switch hooked up to my television and I can say, without a doubt, it was the dullest experience I’ve had on the console. The mobile version already jettisoned the elegant convolution of the DS original, turning the game into something a five-year-old could complete if they got their hands on their parent’s iPad. Pointer controls simplify the experience even more. For the entirety of Shiki’s arc, I was a zombie, sitting on my couch, barely wiggling my wrist as I slashed, shot, and set fire to every Noise and Reaper that stood in my way. My brain turned completely off as no critical thinking is required to win. I just decimated my enemies and occasionally found myself doing my best Jack Donaghy “This is boring” impression. Continuing the adventure in handheld mode was the only thing that made the rest of the experience palatable

https://www.destructoid.com/review-the-world-ends-with-you-final-remix-526345.phtml

liest sich hier und in anderen Review leider wie ein Billo-Mobile Port mit aufgeklatschert, verschlimmbesserter Pointersteuerung. Und das ganze dann auch nochmal zwanzig Euro teurer als das Original ... Square halt. Da sag ich lieber: Nein, danke

Die Steuerung war sehr nerdy und hat viele überfordert! Da ist es doch nur konsequent, wenn sie das duale weglassen!? Auch wenn ich's auch gern hätte.

Wer ein Tablet hat, kann aber vermutlich wirklich zu dieser Version greifen.

Dachte mir schon das das in die Hose geht. Die Steuerung ist ein elementarer Bestandteil des Spieldesigns von TWEWY und das Spiel zieht auch aus die der Steuerung eine Menge Spielspaß. Bleibt bei mir auch erstmal im Regal liegen, zum Nice Price mal.

Ohne groß zu Spoilern, ja. Nach der Story kann man noch Zusatz sachen sammeln, Leveln, die Pins weiter entwickeln, massig - wirklich massig - zusätzliche infos zur Spielwelt freispielen, etc! Nur mit der Story sind es nur gefühlt 30 Prozent.

Das imho spannendste ist, dass man jederzeit sein eigenes Level beliebig runter drehen kann. Jedes Level unter dem eigentlichen steigert die Drop-Rate von Items. Die Fights selbst kann man verketten - bis zu 16 - wodurch ebenfalls die Drop-Rate steigt. Und auch der Schwierigkeitsgrad ist jederzeit änderbar. Jeder davon hat komplett andere Drops.

D.h. Gegner x gibt auf einfach nur 5 geld mit 5 Prozent Wahrscheinlichkeit. Auf normal einen Pin mit 1 Prozent, auf schwer 1000 geld mit 2 Prozent und auf ultimate ein "crafting item" mit 1 Prozent.
So kann man das eigene Level von 20 auf 1 stellen. Damit steigt die Wahrscheinlichkeit um das 20-fache. Fünf Kämpfe in Kette und man hat auch bei dem 1 Prozent ne 100 Prozent Drop-Rate.

Super befriedigend! :love:

Ah, okay. Wusste gar nicht, dass es Loot etc. gibt. Hatte das immer für ein eher einfaches Rhythmusspiel gehalten :verl:

Mit Rhythmus hat das eher weniger zu tun. Es ist sehr Musik-lastig, aber die dient lediglich der Untermalung. Eigentlich ist es ein jrpg aber mit selbst wählbaren Encountern. ...und recht ernster Story

Aber schreib ruhig noch 2-3 Sätze zum Spielprinzip. Ich habe mir heute bei YT ein paar Gameplay Videos angeschaut und finde, dass das Kampfsystem sehr unpräzise und chaotisch wirkt. Aber das täuscht vermutlich? Was es schon mal auf der Habenseite für mich hat: Loot bzw. ein Level- und EXP-System. Wenn das nur halbwegs motiviert und "fair" umgesetzt ist, dann ist das die halbe Miete.

Zurück
Oben